Материал из Абсурдопедии
- Please, repost the text above in English — we didn’t understand anything :-(El Barto (обсуждение) 19:05, 22 июля 2013 (UTC)
- Oh dear. Here is the original text:
- I have proposed that all Uncyclopedias not hosted on Wikia, including this one, have a common database in which to store interwikis. This database will be tentatively called Uncyclodata (in English; you may call it something else in Russian if you like). This will make it easier to maintain lists of interwiki links, as only one list will have to be maintained for each topic rather than many lists. It will also more closely link the various Uncyclopedias to each other. At the moment lists of interwikis are primarily maintained by hand, and many articles do not contain the full set of interwikis to corresponding articles in other languages. With Uncyclodata, as long as all articles were contained there in the same list, all these articles would be automatically linked to each other and it would be far easier to find the article in a given language from any other.
- This will not work for Wikia wikis because Wikia staff alone controls the interwikis and they would probably not agree to such a project; that is, if they could somehow be contacted, which is also not guaranteed. For that reason, many Uncyclopedias will be excluded from Uncyclodata and will still have to be linked manually (e.g. French, Spanish).
- As some Uncyclopedias are unwilling to link to some others at all (e.g. Portuguese to Galician), a feature has been proposed to allow any one wiki to disable the automatic interwiki link to the other wiki. This should satisfy concerns of one Uncyclopedia being too different from another to be linked from it. However, I sincerely hope that in the end all Uncycs will decide to link to each other, regardless of differences in policy and article quality. The Wikipedias have varying rules and policies, but they all still link to each other because they have the same fundamental purpose. The Uncyclopedias also have the same fundamental purpose as each other; why, then, should they not be interlinked?
- See the original proposal and discussion for more details. See also Wikipedia:Wikidata for the corresponding project on Wikipedia that served as my inspiration. Please note that Wikidata is intended eventually to contain far more things than Uncyclodata (infoboxes etc.); I think we only need the interwiki part, as other data does not have to be factual here and tends to vary from wiki to wiki.
- Oh hey, it’s like Wikidata =D I’m all for it, but it’s not me who runs the servers. I think none of us would oppose the idea; however, who’s going to host the project? — Monsieur Jean Valjean 19:59, 22 июля 2013 (UTC)
The idea is obviously great, but some programmer needs to implement this first. Once this is done, Uncyclodata could and should be used for interwiki linking. — Edward Chernenko? 20:24, 22 июля 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, there is the question of finding someone to implement and host it. I don't know who should be responsible. I certainly can't, much as I would like to; I don't know the necessary code and my ISP doesn't allow website hosting. I could ask Carlb but then he already has so many wikis on his servers and I don't know if we should try to dump another one on him. Llwy-ar-lawr (обсуждение) 23:20, 22 июля 2013 (UTC)